AWS Training Video Arms IT Professionals With Cloud Skills8:00 AM EST Fri. Oct. 05, 2012
For businesses looking to move their IT assets to Amazon Web Services (AWS), a Eugene, Ore., company is offering an online video series to teach IT professionals skills necessary for AWS cloud-based infrastructure proficiency.
[Related: Top 10 Issues Eroding Cloud Confidence]
The series, "Amazon Web Services: AWS Foundations," offers 18, 30-minute videos that cover essential AWS skills, including instruction on the following:
- Moving organizations to a worldwide cloud presence;
- Building cost effective EC2-based server instances;
- Understanding AWS network management and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC);
- Using Simple Storage Service (S3) for cloud-based web hosting and storage;
- Gaining proficiency in AWS-based DNS, Identity and Access Management (IAM).
Offered by CBT Nuggets, the entire series costs $1 for a 30-day trial.
Jeremy Cioara, an IT trainer for Fortune 500 companies and host of the AWS Foundations series, said that while Amazon is the largest cloud service provider in the world, it can be challenging for IT administrators.
"The sheer breadth and product lineup of Amazon is amazing," Cioara said in an interview with CRN. "The video moves through every one of the technology steps to show the viewer how to do it."
Amazon does not currently offer AWS certification or offer online instruction, he said.
PUBLISHED OCT. 5, 2012