Our workspaces are rapidly changing the landscape that defines our workday. As technology advances, we sometimes are presented with myriad of options that transcend the environment that we used to experience.
With this paradigm shift comes the changing dynamic of how we store data, how we use that stored data and even more so; how we protect that data.
It is not your father’s data store anymore!
Related: How the iPad Can Grow Your Business
In today’s workplace, we not only send files, we share projects and parts of projects. The need to coordinate has become the focus of many new technology initiatives and in itself, requires a simple and easy to use solution. And with this new freedom, comes the challenge of protecting and securing that data.
Here are five "Must Do’s" when moving toward an effective cloud storage process.
#1. Choose a provider that embodies a dynamic and flexible solution to keep up with the changing demands of the virtual workspace.
#2. Don’t crowd desktops with multiple apps or service but rather intelligently provide the best in class solution that solves the problem.
#3. Consider a hybrid-cloud approach that provides a range of services locally for accessibility, security, control and integration; Hybrid-clouds and private clouds help the ultimate security of true offsite replication and storage for the mobile workforce.
#4. The lines have also been blurring between how we work and how we backup. What was once the exclusive domain for backup now becomes active work product. For some, the fact that this is automatically synchronized to another machine provides a degree of comfort. For others, and rightly so, a formal archive of backups is the only real preservation.
#5. Support your support. As in most cases, there is no one-size fits all. The solution set needs to be dynamic, flexible and customizable to support the client workflow. The consulting, engineering and deployment teams are still an integral part of today’s sales cycles despite the ease of downloading an app. Do not overlook the human connection in a technology heavy sector, especially considering time and implementation needs.
At Dolly Drive, to ensure that the Mac user is completely protected we have designed a unified solution that brings all of the various solution elements to bear in an easy to implement, easy to use and simple toolset. We listened to our customers—they told us how they work and what they need—we provided the tools for them to use.
- The Massive SaaS Opportunities For VARs
- A Reseller's Guide: Recipe For Channel Partnership Success
- Cloud Connection: Seven Steps To Effective Public Cloud Services
- From CapEx To OpEx: Channel Strategy In The Federal Push To The Cloud
- A Reseller's Guide: Coming Out On Top In The Face Of Channel Conflict
- How To Create A Case For Disaster Recovery Plan
- How To Offset Your Customers' BYOD Risks
- How To Ease Client Anxiety About Private Cloud Deployments
- How An SMB Cloud Provider Can Create 'Swagger' In A Competitive Market
- A Reseller's Guide: Creating A Successful Solution Provider Event
- How to Prepare for the Future of the IT Solutions Industry
- How to Consolidate Data Protection Services for Greater Customer Value
- 10 Attributes to Support Revenue Marketing and Sales Success.
- How To Improve Efficiency: Upgrade Mountain Lion and iOS6
- How To Cash In On the Cloud Through Collaboration
- How To Sell Cloud Storage In Five Steps
- How To Protect High-Value Data Assets
- Moving Data to the Cloud: Options for SMBs and Small Enterprises
- How To Apply Big Data Security Analytics to Detect Advanced Threats and Breaches
- How To Get Customers To Invest In New Technology Through Leasing