In addition, systems should contain critical back-office capabilities to manage business:
Such software packages are integrated, so information, once entered, is visible to all stakeholders. They also combine the capabilities of Professional Services Automation (PSA), which addresses project management, resource management and billing with the typical ERP capabilities including back office accounting; procurement; human resources; sales and marketing; and analytics to provide a comprehensive solution for running the business of an MSP. As a result, issues such as incorrect billing; transition plans that are not resourced well; support issues that don’t get addressed within the SLA timeframes because they fall through the cracks; and continued poor pricing because management lacks visibility into profitability of a service simply disappear.
These software packages are available from the cloud in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, so an MSP does not need to buy any hardware or software to run these software solutions. Because they are very cost-effective to implement and are available on a monthly/quarterly subscription fee, they are the right solutions for growing MSPs, because of their thin margins and a very cash flow driven business model. With such solutions in place, MSPs can deliver services in a cost effective manner, meet/exceed contractually committed service levels, continuously improve margins, build a foundation for scaling their business, grow sales pipeline and improve client satisfaction.
Organizations that are either transitioning their business model from a VAR/distributor to a MSP, or are just getting started as a MSP can leverage such solutions to build the operational capabilities they need to succeed and win in this very competitive and cut-throat market.
- The Massive SaaS Opportunities For VARs
- A Reseller's Guide: Recipe For Channel Partnership Success
- Cloud Connection: Seven Steps To Effective Public Cloud Services
- From CapEx To OpEx: Channel Strategy In The Federal Push To The Cloud
- A Reseller's Guide: Coming Out On Top In The Face Of Channel Conflict
- How To Create A Case For Disaster Recovery Plan
- How To Offset Your Customers' BYOD Risks
- How To Ease Client Anxiety About Private Cloud Deployments
- How An SMB Cloud Provider Can Create 'Swagger' In A Competitive Market
- A Reseller's Guide: Creating A Successful Solution Provider Event
- How to Prepare for the Future of the IT Solutions Industry
- How to Consolidate Data Protection Services for Greater Customer Value
- 10 Attributes to Support Revenue Marketing and Sales Success.
- How To Improve Efficiency: Upgrade Mountain Lion and iOS6
- How To Cash In On the Cloud Through Collaboration
- How To Sell Cloud Storage In Five Steps
- How To Protect High-Value Data Assets
- Moving Data to the Cloud: Options for SMBs and Small Enterprises
- How To Apply Big Data Security Analytics to Detect Advanced Threats and Breaches
- How To Get Customers To Invest In New Technology Through Leasing