Identify What Is Driving Or What Will Drive Your Customers to the Cloud
In understanding what’s driving your customers’ decisions to the cloud, there is an opportunity to upsell customers beyond basic cloud services and create “cloud-enabled businesses” by evaluating the distinct needs of their customers.
For instance, Student Transportation (STI), the third largest student transportation company in North America, not only needed to lower IT costs – and it has since been able to reduce IT costs by roughly 72 percent above the industry average with the cloud – but also required the technology’s unique ‘Cut & Paste’ cloud workspace capabilities to keep up with its aggressive M&A activity. The advanced cloud application layer STI has in place allows the company’s lean IT staff to upload acquired companies’ data and applications and then present them via a cloud environment. That lets each of STI’s acquired companies to keep and run applications in the same way as before the acquisition while seamlessly integrating each into the larger, corporate tech ecosystem.
Alternatively, channel companies may be able to meet more of their customers’ needs with the cloud. Identifying potential growth in new markets or industries by adding a cloud offering to your portfolio, and identifying influences that are driving or may drive your customers to the cloud empowers channel partners with the knowledge of whether now is the time for the cloud. And whether that need is immediate, in the next quarter, or two years from now, it’s important to know that it will require you to modify your business model accordingly.
- The Massive SaaS Opportunities For VARs
- A Reseller's Guide: Recipe For Channel Partnership Success
- Cloud Connection: Seven Steps To Effective Public Cloud Services
- From CapEx To OpEx: Channel Strategy In The Federal Push To The Cloud
- A Reseller's Guide: Coming Out On Top In The Face Of Channel Conflict
- How To Create A Case For Disaster Recovery Plan
- How To Offset Your Customers' BYOD Risks
- How To Ease Client Anxiety About Private Cloud Deployments
- How An SMB Cloud Provider Can Create 'Swagger' In A Competitive Market
- A Reseller's Guide: Creating A Successful Solution Provider Event
- How to Prepare for the Future of the IT Solutions Industry
- How to Consolidate Data Protection Services for Greater Customer Value
- 10 Attributes to Support Revenue Marketing and Sales Success.
- How To Improve Efficiency: Upgrade Mountain Lion and iOS6
- How To Cash In On the Cloud Through Collaboration
- How To Sell Cloud Storage In Five Steps
- How To Protect High-Value Data Assets
- Moving Data to the Cloud: Options for SMBs and Small Enterprises
- How To Apply Big Data Security Analytics to Detect Advanced Threats and Breaches
- How To Get Customers To Invest In New Technology Through Leasing