2. Deploy Strategically
Guiding customers through the deployment of these services is crucial to lasting success – and your continuing relationship. A hybrid cloud approach provides many options, so its adoption needs to be strategic and deliberate to ensure a customer takes the right approach:
3. Understand the Hurdles
When a CIO deploys new services within an organization there will likely be challenges. Some may be technical, which can be a straightforward fix; but more frequently, they involve people and processes. Those challenges can begin with the CIO’s own team.
Often one of the toughest things for a talented IT group is to realize there are better options than what they are already providing. Sometimes, this stems from the old mantra, “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.” In other cases, it may be that the service has not been evaluated in a while and, though it was the best option when implemented, there are better options now. It may simply not occur to the team that an internal process – which is working just fine – could be deployed in the cloud, thereby saving the company money and time.
Just as often, the change is difficult because it’s hard for them to let go of what they created, even if it’s in the best interests of the company. By being cognizant of these internal struggles, resellers can more effectively help customers navigate the shift, thereby easing the transition and building trust.
Hybrid cloud models offer an ideal avenue for resellers to gain a customer’s trust by demonstrating an ability to understand business objectives and quickly show ROI. Done right, it’s a fantastic way for a reseller to get their foot in the door and on their way toward growing their partnership with larger, more business-critical services. The key is to become a strategic counselor, to understand customers’ business objectives, and start with low-hanging fruit that delivers high-value. By doing so, the reseller can become an invaluable partner for their customer and help them to improve their business’ performance.
<< Previous | 1 | 2
- How To Protect Customers From Online Fraud
- How to Choose a Next-Generation Firewall
- How To Batten Down Network Security and Increase ISP Customer Satisfaction
- How to Successfully Help Customers Mitigate Application Issues Around Windows 7
- How To Accelerate Cloud Adoption Through Windows 8
- How To Prepare for Deploying 100GigE In 6 Steps
- How To Secure Mobile Devices
- How to Prepare for a Microsoft Exchange Migration
- How To Develop Reliable IT Applications While Reducing Costs
- How To Keep Data Safe In the Cloud
- How To Integrate High Performance Computing On the Cloud
- How to Successfully Execute IT Projects Without Fail
- How to Cost Effectively Migrate to a Network Fabric