Bartz, former CEO of San Rafael, Calif.-based software maker Autodesk, took over as Yahoo's chief executive in January, replacing co-founder Jerry Yang. News reports Monday suggested she is preparing a major shuffle of top executive positions at Yahoo, though the company itself has declined to confirm those rumors.
Among the speculated changes are adding product strategy and management duties to the portfolio of Aristotle Balogh, Yahoo's chief technology officer, and making Hilary Schneider, currently in charge of the Yahoo! U.S. division's marketing efforts, the head of all North America. Bartz is also reportedly looking for a chief marketing officer and other senior executives, and could be planning to name a single executive in charge of its European, Asian and emerging markets divisions.
Bartz is preparing to "severely roll back" an earlier Yahoo organizational reshuffle by Yang last June, according to "All Things Digital." host and blogger Kara Swisher. The earlier shakeup split Yahoo into four regional entities. Bartz reportedly wants to scrap that setup and retrench corporate efforts in a more centralized way.
Yahoo has already said that Susan Decker, the company's president, would step down at some point following the hiring of Bartz. Jill Nash, Yahoo's chief communications officer, is also expected to leave. The company also has plans to downsize its workforce by at least 10 percent and Bartz has said she will freeze pay for some Yahoo employees.
Yahoo's rough 2007 included a drop in investor confidence after Yang spurned an acquisition offer from Microsoft of Redmond, Wash. The software giant has hired several executives away from Yahoo in recent months.
- Juniper Honors 12 Americas Partners
- Facebook And Four More Web Sites We Love To Hate
- Cisco Honors Top Partners During 2010 Partner Summit
- HP Salutes Top Partners At APC 2010 Award Show
- Upclose And Personal With AMD And friends
- Will Oracle's Phillips' Affair Revelation Be A Distraction?
- Apple, Microsoft Unlikely Allies Against Google
- HP-Microsoft Cloud Partnership Needs To Show Us The Goods
- Blog: It's Time For A Cybercrime Public Service Announcement
- Nortel Sell-Off Continues: Ethernet Business To Ciena?
- Want To Deploy Exchange 2007 SP2 In A Server 2008 R2 Domain? Sorry
- Apple Improves iTunes 9 With Syncing, Visual Enhancements
- Oracle Ad Refutes Sun Hardware Fears
- U.S. Copyright Chief Rips Google Book Deal In Testimony
- Apple Slashes iPod Price Tags
- Price Is Right? Asus To Launch Low-Cost E-Reader
- Microsoft Xbox 360 Consoles Fail More Often Than Wii, PS3
- Privacy Group To Congress: Stop Online Advertisers In Their Tracks
- Microsoft, Intel Tout Their Collaboration On Windows 7
- Tech Data Adds Integration Services With New Center