Huawei told solution providers that competitors such as Cisco, HP, Dell and IBM have confused acquisition with innovation, and that Huawei, because it does not acquire other companies, is the only true innovator.
Here is CRN's list of 50 breakthrough tools - software platforms, applications and cloud services - that partners can use to run their own business and more effectively manage their customers' business.
VMware executives said the vCloud Hybrid Service won't require businesses to change or test existing applications to move them into the cloud -- unlike other cloud platforms.
Executives say the acquisition will combine threat intelligence data from Solera's DeepSee network monitoring platform with Blue Coat's cloud-based WebPulse attack protection service.
Watch out Apple. Samsung's latest iPhone killer, the Galaxy S4, does some things that iPhone can't.
Other Top Stories--
- HP CEO Whitman Pledges Stepped Up Server Battle With Dell
HP CEO Meg Whitman says there is no excuse for HP's poor industry-standard server sales performance.
- Salesforce.com Rolls Out New Mobility Solutions For Government
Salesforce.com has developed four government-specific offerings aimed at helping agencies better leverage mobile technologies.
- AWS Achieves FedRAMP Status To Support Government Contracts
The FedRAMP designation is expected to help stimulate government contracts for the migration of data and applications to the cloud.
- HP Shares On Rise After Better-Than-Expected Q2 Earnings
HP beat analysts earnings expectations for its second fiscal quarter despite year-over-year revenue declines across many of its businesses.
- Sigmanet Makes Former Presidio VP Its First CTO
As Sigmanet's first-ever chief technology officer, Steven Reese said he's ready to navigate the solution provider powerhouse through the various shifts shaking up the IT channel today.
- Intel Reorganizes Business Units, Forms 'New Devices' Group
Intel's new CEO has wasted no time in making big changes at the chip maker as he looks to accelerate Intel's move into the mobile chip space.
- FusionStorm Global Backs Away From IPO
After an earlier postponement, the company has withdrawn its IPO plans without further comment. But, that doesn't necessarily mean there's no IPO in FusionStorm's future.
- MessageBroadcast Taps WTG Exec To Lead New Channel Charge
Mark Sondergaard, the former VP of provider relations for World Telecom Group, is now leading channel sales for automated communications provider MessageBroadcast.
- Hortonworks Expands Big Data Ecosystem Into Microsoft Windows Arena
Channel partners say the new Hortonworks Data Platform for Windows offers them a way to meet the growing demand for Windows-based big data applications.
- Barracuda Acquires SignNow For Storage Business
Cloud-based e-signature firm SignNow enables businesses to digitally sign and back up important documents.
- Turn Any Tablet Into A Custom Appliance
Make iPad Mini waterproof with a MoGo Chimera enclosure.
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Video)
How does the new Samsung Galaxy S4 stack up against the Galaxy S3? The CRN Test Center takes a look in this in-depth review of Samsung's new flagship smartphone.
- SolarWinds To Acquire N-able In Cloud-Based RMM Play Targeting SMBs
The acquisition helps SolarWinds to access the small to medium-sized business segment, a market that previously had been out of reach for the management software company.
- Hoops And Hurdles: Standards, Requirements For Selling To The Government
Solution providers selling IT to government agencies need to navigate a standards-filled landscape.
- Atlantis Computing Nabs $20M Series D Funding, Plans Global Expansion
With its $20 million infusion from the Series D funding led by Adam Street Partners, Atlantis Computing funding now totals $35 million.
- Oklahoma Solution Provider: 'We'll Get Back Up'
Helping hands, including those from MSP Alliance members, reach out to fellow businesses after a tornado rips through Moore, Okla., cutting a path up to 2 miles wide and 20 miles long with speeds of more than 200 mph.
- Intel's Plan To Save PC System Builders (Video)
CRN editors discuss how Intel is trying to pump up struggling PC system builders with new components for touch-screen-based all-in-one desktops.
- U.S. Senate: Apple Avoiding Billions In Taxes Through Offshore Shelters
Apple CEO Tim Cook is scheduled to speak today at the Senate subcommittee's hearing on tax avoidance and offshore shelters.
- TwinStrata Updates CloudArray To Target Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service
TwinStrata's new CloudArray DRaaS lets customers take advantage of public storage clouds to get low-cost, on-demand Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service.
- Private Equity Firm Picks Up Websense, Partners Not Surprised
Websense had struggled to differentiate itself in a field of data leakage prevention vendors and it had fallen behind Symantec, McAfee, Sophos and Dell-owned Credant Technologies in the space.
- 4 Keys To Improving Business Intelligence Projects
Data analytics projects often get bogged down. Read how one CIO learned to avoid the pitfalls.
- VMware Preps Long-Awaited Hybrid Cloud Service Rollout
While still under wraps, the new VMware strategy is likely to bring new IaaS offerings to the table and streamline access to software. The full announcement is scheduled to be made Tuesday.
- Fortinet Taps Top Channel Execs For Key Channel Chief Roles
The promotions fill vacancies left by two key departures. U.S. Channel and Americas channel executives tell CRN the focus will be on boosting communications and encouraging certification training.
- Rackspace Invests $12M In Database-As-A-Service Firm Cloudant
Cloudant, which offers a distributed database as a service, also partners with Rackspace and relies on the company's hosting service.
- Cloud, Services And SDN: Juniper Networks' New Americas Channel Chief Outlines 2013 Goals
Juniper Network's new vice president of Americas Partners Sales said helping partners embrace services, move to the cloud, and work more closely with Juniper's internal sales force are priorities for 2013.