Sage Software, formerly Best Software, has issued a bounty for Salesforce.com customers who convert to the SageCRM.com platform. <P> The bounty promises Sage resellers 100 percent margin on the value of the first year of any contract that converts Salesforce.com customers to the rival Sage service. After the first year, Sage partners can earn margins of anywhere from 10 percent to 35 percent on additional years of the contract, said Jim Foster, executive vice president for the midmarket division of Sage, Irvine, Calif. <P> Some Sage solution providers said they welcome the incentives to attack Salesforce.com. <P> "No vendor out there has been really focused on going after Salesforce, so this is good to see," said Yacov Wrocherinsky, CEO of Infinity Info Systems, New York. "Salesforce has about 200 salespeople, while Sage has 2,000 to 3,000 partners. Who do you think is going to win?" <P> Foster said it has taken Sage until now to put the right infrastructure in place to support a software-as-a-service business model in the channel. That infrastructure has been evolving since Sage acquired Accpac from Computer Associates, which is the source of the code for the rebranded SageCRM.com offering.
Some of the most innovative work in the IT industry is taking place in the big data arena. Here's what we think were the coolest new big data products in 2013.
Oracle executives fielded a wide range of questions during the company's annual meeting with shareholders. Here are some points that were made in the Q&A that warrant further attention.
Drowning in big data? Here's some new and updated technologies being shown at this week's O'Reilly Strata + Hadoop World show in New York that could help.
|More Slide Shows|
- Salesforce.com Reports 'Blowout' Quarter
- Sage Software Targets Salesforce.com Customers
- With Latest Product Barrage, Best Finally Becomes Sage
- Expert Says New Microsoft Volume Licensing Program Could Be 'Major Departure'
- ScaleXtreme's Cloud Management Solution Lets Partners Move To Cloud At Their Pace
- Best Heeds Sage Advice
- Sage Posts Salesforce Bounty
- CEO Benioff Says Former Oracle Sales VP Doing 'Phenomenal' Job At Salesforce
- Salesforce's Benioff: More APIs Will Spark Mobile Development Frenzy