As part of its .Net services plan, Microsoft announced on Tuesday plans to acquire Vicinity for $96 million. <P> Vicinity, Sunnyvale, Calif., provides Web, wireless and speech-based, location-based services for customers including Kentucky Fried Chicken, Red Lobster, The Home Depot, Prudential and Airborne Express. <P> The deal is slated to be completed before the end of first-quarter 2003. At that time, the Vicinity enterprise location-based services will be integrated with Microsoft's own location-based service called MapPoint.Net, executives said. <P> Vicinity will be merged with the MapPoint Business Unit at Microsoft. <P>
For the week ending Dec. 6, CRN looks at IT companies that were unfortunate, unsuccessful or just didn't make good decisions.
For the week ending Dec. 6, CRN looks at IT companies that brought their 'A' game and made moves to beat out competitors.
HP's Margaret Dawson shared tips for how women can embrace their best strengths to be stronger leaders in the workplace at the Women of the Channel Winter Workshop in New York City.
|More Slide Shows|
- Channel Beat: Google Amps Up Android Security
- CRN Holiday Gift Guide, Part 3
- The 10 Coolest Big Data Products Of 2013
- Security VARs: 2 Million Stolen Passwords, 2 Million Reasons For Stricter Policies
- Forget Delivery Drones: Amazon's Biggest Move Is Getting Enterprises To Trust Its Cloud
- Microsoft Cripples ZeroAccess Click Fraud Botnet