HP says its new StoreOnce 6500 backs up data 4.5 times faster and restores it ten times faster than rival EMC's high end Data Domain 990
Apps that can help save money, keep fit and stay entertained anywhere in the world.
Symantec has shuttered its managed firewall and managed endpoint services, eliminating the core executives behind its managed services business.
The server industry in 2013 turned out to be a very dynamic part of the IT market, as these 10 very interesting new server offerings demonstrate.
Searching for that perfect gift for your techie this holiday season? Check out these 25 gift ideas sure to make any gadget lover smile.
Other Top Stories--
- Dell World 2013: A Launch Pad For Change
Austin became Dell's World this week as Michael Dell used the annual confab to kick off life as CEO of the newly private company.
- Rackspace Launches DevOps Automation Service
A new hybrid cloud development tool from Rackspace helps developers speed up the deployment and testing of new applications.
- Businesses Are Bad At Risk-Assessment, And That's Good For The Channel
Solution providers with security practices say they are helping clients fine-tune their security programs by conducting effective risk assessments and engaging both business executives and IT leaders.
- Cisco Cuts Long-Term Growth Outlook, But Says 'Big Deals Are Back'
Cisco Thursday slashes its revenue outlook for the next three to five years, due in part to continued weakness in its service provider and emerging markets business. But U.S. enterprise business continues to be a bright spot.
- Tech Companies Dominate 'Best Places to Work'
Employees are praising technology companies on Glassdoor's 2013 'Best Places to Work' list, which honored several technology businesses.
- Microsoft Targets VMware Service Providers With New Hybrid Cloud Program
Microsoft wants more service providers preaching its message of licensing cost savings, so it's launching a new program aimed at getting them to decrease their VMware investments.
- Vartopia Update Helps Resellers Register Vendor Deals Without The Headache
An update to vendor deal registration network Vartopia helps resellers grow gross profit and cut back on headaches by streamlining the deal registration process.
- Total Defense Adds Managed Services Support For Cloud Security
Cloud-based antivirus wWeb and email security firm Total Defense said its new partner program will provide additional support to managed service providers and a white-label opportunity.
- Dell Takes Aim At Education Market With Chromebook 11
Dell is hoping its new Dell Chromebook 11, which features a large screen and the Haswell architecture, will help the company and its partners expand their reach into schools where Dell equipment is already ubiquitous.
- Partners Hail Dell's Channel Revamp, Declare It A Game Changer
Partners are having a love fest with new channel program overhaul, claiming it will deliver more sales and better relationship with Dell in 2014.
- Ingram Micro President: Expect More Investment In Emerging Technology Opportunities
Bay said that Ingram Micro is making bigger investments to help partners grow business in new technologies, verticals and customer opportunities.
- Juniper Software Boss Muglia Latest Top Exec To Depart
Bob Muglia, head of Juniper Network's Software Solutions Division, is the latest top executive to the leave the Sunnyvale-based company.
- Lost Flash Drive At Core Of Kaiser Permanente Data Breach
Kaiser Permanente had to notify nearly 50,000 patients that an employee reported a missing flash drive containing personal information, including medication on patients. Solution providers tell CRN to expect more breaches of this kind as hospitals and clinics struggle to keep up with regulatory mandates.
- Kaseya Launches Secure BYOD Management Platform
With BYOD rules and regulations, Kaseya's BYOD Suite lets MSPs and enterprises easily manage devices linked to corporate networks.
- Ingram Micro Shutters Specialty Division
The distributor's Specialty Solutions Division includes physical security, AVAD, data capture/point-of-sale, mobility and consumer electronics units, all of which will be redistributed among other divisions.
- Juniper Networks Down Another Top Channel Exec
Juniper Networks has seen a mass exodus of talent from its channel team over the past several months, with yet another channel executive jumping ship this week.
- Dell Puts 200,000 Direct Accounts Into The Hands Of The Channel
As part of a channel program overhaul, Dell is moving 200,000 existing direct accounts to partners and creating a 20 percent 'compensation accelerator' for its direct sales team to generate new enterprise business with partners.
- Arrow And DinCloud Sign Pact To Offer First VDI Deployment
Arrow announced its new distribution agreement with DinCloud to bring channel partners the first hosted virtual desktop infrastructure offering.
- Patch Tuesday: Microsoft Fixes Critical Zero-Day Flaw, Issues Browser Update
Microsoft repaired critical flaws in Internet Explorer, Windows and Microsoft Exchange as part of its December Patch Tuesday round of updates.
- Barracuda Networks Post-IPO: Focus On The Channel
With its IPO out of the way, Barracuda can go back to focus on expanding its opportunities in the channel.
- New Amazon Portal Lets ISVs Dive Deep Into Marketing Campaigns
Amazon launches portal where ISVs get to tap into heavy-duty marketing analytics to keep track of how customers are buying and selling their cloud apps.
- HeyWire Launches Partner Program To Take Enterprise Texting Mainstream
HeyWire's cloud-based mobile messaging service lets users text-enable their business landline, a feature the Cambridge, Mass.-based startup touts as a must-have for BYOD environments.
- Most Innovative Products: Part 2
CRN TV honors the most innovative products of 2013. In part two of this video series, we look at the Handheld Retail Devices, Storage Solutions, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions and Enterprise Networking categories.
- World Telecom Group: VARs Who Ignore Carrier Services Will 'No Question' Lose Business
World Telecom Group (WTG) CEO Vince Bradley said WTG has onboarded nearly 1,200 solution providers over the past two years, as the IT and telecom channels continue to converge.
- Cisco Set To Change Server Game Again With UCS 2.0
The head of Cisco's UCS system business says the company is prepping a UCS 2.0 offering optimized for big data.