OCZ, once an SSD pioneer but more recently a company under financial fire due to not having its own NAND memory supply, says it has signed a deal to be acquired by Toshiba.
Box is expanding the security of its file sync and share capabilities with data mining software it acquired from dLoop.
Western Digital's new WD Black2 puts both an SSD and a spinning drive in a 2.5-inch device for mobile and other single-bay PCs.
- The 10 Coolest Storage Startups Of 2013
- The 10 Coolest Flash Storage/SSD Products Of 2013
- Dell Bulks Up EqualLogic Arrays With All-Flash Storage Option, SAN-NAS And 64-Bit OS
- HP Aims To Take EMC Down With New Storage Lineup
- SSD Pioneer OCZ Says It Will Either Be Acquired By Toshiba Or Liquidate
- Zadara Beefs Up Technology, Partnerships For Enterprise Storage-As-A-Service
- EMC Reorganizes Hardware, Software Divisions
- Meet The New Mozy: File Sync, Per-User Cloud Storage
- SimpliVity Pockets $58M Funding To Expand Converged Infrastructure Product, Channel
- NetApp Expands All-Flash Storage Array Lineup, Names New Channel Chief
- Tegile Offers Pay-As-You-Go Financing For Hybrid Flash-Disk Storage
- 5 Companies That Came To Win This Week
- Avere Cloud NAS Brings Cloud Storage Backend To High-Performance NAS
- NetApp Q2: Channel, Branded Business Uptick Overcome Drag Of Sequestration
- The Wait Is Over: EMC Unleashes XtremIO All-Flash Storage Array
- Competitors Chime In On EMC's XtremIO Rollout Before It Hits
- Maxta Exits Stealth With Software Solution Tying Virtualized Environments To Clustered Storage
- HP Bundles StoreVirtual VSA With ProLiant Gen8 Servers For Free In SMB Play
- Trustyd Busted: Cloud Backup Appliance Vendor Trustyd Closes Doors
- EMC Syncplicity Gets Enhanced Security, Policy Control For File Sync And Share Application
- Imation And Nexsan Say They're Stronger Together For Partners
- EMC Sues Pure Storage For Hiring Practices, Misappropriation Of Confidential Information
- Overland Storage To Acquire Tandberg Data, Create $100M Data Protection Powerhouse
- All-SSD Storage Array Vendor SolidFire Launches Cloud Builders Channel Program
- NetApp, Cisco Enhance FlexPod With Networking And Management Capabilities
While Dell technically qualifies as a storage startup given its move to become a private company, there are a lot of tiny companies just starting to see if there's a place for them in the storage market.
Flash-based storage devices of every description from simple SSDs to full-blown all-flash storage arrays were released in 2013 in an effort to meet a wide range of business needs from the SMB to the enterprise.
For the week ending Nov. 15, CRN looks at IT companies that brought their 'A' game and made moves to beat out competitors.
EMC has made no secret of its Thursday launch of the new EMC XtremIO all-flash storage array, giving its competitors time to air their opinions in advance of the official launch.
What is HP going to be under Meg Whitman? That was just one of the tough questions posed to HP's CEO by elite solution providers at this week's BoB conference.
The inaugural Top 50 Midmarket IT Vendor Executives list highlights the IT industry's most influential vendor executives who serve midmarket and midsize customers.
|More Slide Shows|