Dell's PartnerDirect program is in the midst of a major makeover. What does this mean for partner opportunities and how will it be rolled out?
The White House is bringing in former Microsoft Office head Kurt DelBene to help repair the issues with Healthcare.gov.
Cisco Tuesday acquired Collaborate.com, a maker of mobile collaboration applications, for an undisclosed amount.
HP says it is resuming shipments of the HP Chromebook 11 after a recall of 145,000 power supply/ chargers for the device.
Searching for that perfect gift for your techie this holiday season? Check out these 25 gift ideas sure to make any gadget lover smile.
Other Top Stories--
- Microserver Chip Maker Calxeda Abruptly Shutters
Chip pioneer Calxeda closes abruptly after the financing rug was pulled out from under the firm.
- Target's Vast Data Breach Prompts Call For Risk-Based Security Measures
Security consultants and other experts tell CRN that their clients sometimes forget that compliance doesn't equal security. Merchants must abandon the PCI compliance checkbox and focus on a fully supported and sustained security program, they say.
- UXC Eclipse Acquires Tectura To Widen Global Microsoft Dynamics Reach
Australian UXC Eclipse has acquired Tectura to strengthen its Microsoft Dynamics global reseller foothold and vertical reach.
- CEO Ellison: Oracle Cloud IaaS Will Compete On Price With Microsoft, Amazon, Rackspace
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison says his company plans to take the fight to established cloud infrastructure players, while also playing up its higher-end cloud platform and apps.
- STG Buys Global Resources' Technical Recruiting Division, Expands North American Footprint
With a channel-focused delivery of data center services, Signature Technology Group's newest acquisition is Global Resources' Technical Recruiting division.
- MCPc Summit Set To Shine Spotlight On Game-Changing Solutions
Fast growing SP500 powerhouse MCPc is set to shine the spotlight on game-changing solutions at its kickoff event Jan. 5-9 in Cleveland.
- D-Day Looms For Dell's Early Retirement Program
As Dell looks to tighten its belt, channel partners hope to pick up the slack.
- Review: HP Z620 Workstation
HP's easy-to-service Z620 Workstation made CRN's Products of the Year list for the second year in a row.
- Massive Target Breach Puts Spotlight On PCI Complexity
Target acknowledges it is investigating the theft of at least 40 million credit and debit card numbers at its brick-and-mortar stores. The thieves struck during the start of the busy holiday shopping season.
- Oracle's Profit Dips Slightly In Q2, But Execs Say Engineered Systems Gaining Steam
Oracle's beleaguered hardware business is looking up after CEO Larry Ellison and his lieutenants tell Wall Street investors that Exadata sales are on the rise.
- Microsoft CEO Ballmer Says Surface Was A Response To Apple iPad, OEMs' Lackluster Tablets
As Steve Ballmer prepares to step down as Microsoft CEO, he's acknowledging what many channel partners already thought: That Surface tablets were a response to lackluster OEM hardware.
- Unitrends Buys PHD Virtual To Expand SMB Disaster Recovery, Take On Veeam
With its acquisition of PHD Virtual, Unitrends can expand its reach into the backup and disaster recovery part of customers' virtualized environments while better competing against market leader Veeam.
- Apple's New Mac Pro Targets Deep-Pocketed Boutique Shops
Apple's stylish Mac Pro's Achilles' heel is storage and its steep price tag, but interest is high, say partners in the new high-end workstations.
- ShoreTel Partners: New Partner Program, Training Initiatives Show 'It's Not Business As Usual'
ShoreTel is rolling out a redesigned partner program and a new series of training workshops that, so far, have gained solution providers' approval in a big way.
- Taking A Step Back: Downgrading From Windows 8.1 To Windows 7
Why settle for 'Windows 7 Lite' when you can have the real thing? Check out these steps for Downgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7.
- Industry Partnership DistribuCare Unites Three Telemedicine Technologies
DistribuCare links together health integration from Carousel Industries, case-load management software from NuPhysicia and enterprise videoconferencing capabilities from Polycom.
- Mobile Devices Will Pose The Biggest Risk In 2014, Survey Says
About three-quarters of 676 IT professionals in a recent Ponemon Institute survey cite the security of mobile devices as their biggest concern, up from just 9 percent in 2010.
- Cisco Targets Service Providers With New Cloud DaaS Program
Cisco Tuesday took the wraps off its new desktop-as-a-service offering, but solution providers told CRN it looks more like a reference architecture than a full solution.
- HP Channel Charge: Partners To Get Same Training As HP Sales Reps
HP is kicking its channel sales offensive into high gear by providing its partners the same sales training as its direct sales reps.
- Arbor Bolts On Threat Intelligence, Antimalware To DDoS Appliances
Arbor Networks believes channel partners will embrace its cloud strategy that relies on a hybrid approach, implementing an appliance at the customer location. Executives say the aim is to bolt on new threat detection and antimalware capabilities.
- Dell Unveils $300M Strategic Innovation Venture Fund, Makes First Investment
Dells' new Strategic Innovation Venture Fund, unlike the previous Dell Fluid Data Storage Fund, is a way for the company to explore innovations outside the storage industry.
- Juniper Bulks Up Service Provider Portfolio With WANDL Acquisition
Juniper Networks is set to acquire WANDL, a New Jersey-based maker of network visibility and management software for service providers.
- Microsoft Says It Won't Decide On New CEO Until Early Next Year
Microsoft, which had been expected to name a new CEO by the end of the year, now says it's not going to do so until the 'early part of 2014.' And Microsoft partners are OK with that.
- Most Innovative Products: Part 3
CRN looks at part three of its most innovative products of the year, focusing on networking and laptops.
- CRN Podcast: How To Win A Big Client Deal And Build A Lasting Relationship
Convergent Technologies Group, an exclusive HP partner, talks about its big customer win with Snagajob.com in the latest CRN Podcast.