Dell's PartnerDirect program is in the midst of a major makeover. What does this mean for partner opportunities and how will it be rolled out?
The White House is bringing in former Microsoft Office head Kurt DelBene to help repair the issues with Healthcare.gov.
Cisco Tuesday acquired Collaborate.com, a maker of mobile collaboration applications, for an undisclosed amount.
HP says it is resuming shipments of the HP Chromebook 11 after a recall of 145,000 power supply/ chargers for the device.
Searching for that perfect gift for your techie this holiday season? Check out these 25 gift ideas sure to make any gadget lover smile.
Other Top Stories--
- Oracle's Profit Dips Slightly In Q2, But Execs Say Engineered Systems Gaining Steam
Oracle's beleaguered hardware business is looking up after CEO Larry Ellison and his lieutenants tell Wall Street investors that Exadata sales are on the rise.
- Microsoft CEO Ballmer Says Surface Was A Response To Apple iPad, OEMs' Lackluster Tablets
As Steve Ballmer prepares to step down as Microsoft CEO, he's acknowledging what many channel partners already thought: That Surface tablets were a response to lackluster OEM hardware.
- Unitrends Buys PHD Virtual To Expand SMB Disaster Recovery, Take On Veeam
With its acquisition of PHD Virtual, Unitrends can expand its reach into the backup and disaster recovery part of customers' virtualized environments while better competing against market leader Veeam.
- Apple's New Mac Pro Targets Deep-Pocketed Boutique Shops
Apple's stylish Mac Pro's Achilles' heel is storage and its steep price tag, but interest is high, say partners in the new high-end workstations.
- ShoreTel Partners: New Partner Program, Training Initiatives Show 'It's Not Business As Usual'
ShoreTel is rolling out a redesigned partner program and a new series of training workshops that, so far, have gained solution providers' approval in a big way.
- Taking A Step Back: Downgrading From Windows 8.1 To Windows 7
Why settle for 'Windows 7 Lite' when you can have the real thing? Check out these steps for Downgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7.
- Industry Partnership DistribuCare Unites Three Telemedicine Technologies
DistribuCare links together health integration from Carousel Industries, case-load management software from NuPhysicia and enterprise videoconferencing capabilities from Polycom.
- Mobile Devices Will Pose The Biggest Risk In 2014, Survey Says
About three-quarters of 676 IT professionals in a recent Ponemon Institute survey cite the security of mobile devices as their biggest concern, up from just 9 percent in 2010.
- Cisco Targets Service Providers With New Cloud DaaS Program
Cisco Tuesday took the wraps off its new desktop-as-a-service offering, but solution providers told CRN it looks more like a reference architecture than a full solution.
- HP Channel Charge: Partners To Get Same Training As HP Sales Reps
HP is kicking its channel sales offensive into high gear by providing its partners the same sales training as its direct sales reps.
- Arbor Bolts On Threat Intelligence, Antimalware To DDoS Appliances
Arbor Networks believes channel partners will embrace its cloud strategy that relies on a hybrid approach, implementing an appliance at the customer location. Executives say the aim is to bolt on new threat detection and antimalware capabilities.
- Dell Unveils $300M Strategic Innovation Venture Fund, Makes First Investment
Dells' new Strategic Innovation Venture Fund, unlike the previous Dell Fluid Data Storage Fund, is a way for the company to explore innovations outside the storage industry.
- Juniper Bulks Up Service Provider Portfolio With WANDL Acquisition
Juniper Networks is set to acquire WANDL, a New Jersey-based maker of network visibility and management software for service providers.
- Microsoft Says It Won't Decide On New CEO Until Early Next Year
Microsoft, which had been expected to name a new CEO by the end of the year, now says it's not going to do so until the 'early part of 2014.' And Microsoft partners are OK with that.
- Most Innovative Products: Part 3
CRN looks at part three of its most innovative products of the year, focusing on networking and laptops.
- CRN Podcast: How To Win A Big Client Deal And Build A Lasting Relationship
Convergent Technologies Group, an exclusive HP partner, talks about its big customer win with Snagajob.com in the latest CRN Podcast.
- VARs Talk Up Mobile Security As New Android Malware Surfaces
Security researchers at FireEye help dismantle portions of an advanced Android attack used in 64 mobile botnet campaigns to steal personal SMS messages.
- Networking Chip Vendor Avago Plans Major Storage Push With LSI Acquisition
LSI will bring a significant storage portfolio to Avago Technologies, including server-based PCIe storage accelerators as well as components for flash storage and RAID hardware.
- Top HP Partners Launch Haven Big Data Solutions
HP's big data offensive is gaining momentum with six of the company's top partners unveiling new applications based on the HP Haven platform.
- Report: Sprint Eyeing T-Mobile Merger
Roughly two years after AT&T's proposed $39 billion bid to take over T-Mobile was shot down, Sprint is reportedly eyeing the same move.
- Secunia Partner Program Brings Patch Management To Masses
With its global headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, Secunia is embracing the channel through its Minneapolis-based U.S. subsidiary to help make inroads in the vulnerability intelligence and patch management market in the United States.
- Picking A Cloud Partner: What You Need To Know
Solution providers involved in white-labeling cloud services have their pick of partners: smaller vendors, larger vendors, or simply born-in-the-cloud providers. Who most often wins the day?
- Do MSPs Have A Leg Up On Making The Cloud Leap?
There is a lot of overlap between cloud computing and managed services, but the conversations with potential customers are more about business transformation than saving costs.
- White-Label Cloud Services: Why It's Taking Off And When You Should Be Careful
For many solution providers, it's the best of both worlds -- delivering cloud services with your company name on them without the headaches of running a data center. But what happens when a third-party cloud goes down and it's your throat to choke?
- Microsoft CEO Drama Intensifies As VMware, Qualcomm Execs Surface As Candidates
The Microsoft CEO search saga gains new intrigue as VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and Qualcomm COO Steve Mollenkopf emerge as potential candidates, if only for a moment.
The 10 Coolest Tablets Of 2013
Head-turning tablets of 2013 included ones that cost under $50, to ones that sported 4K displays, to ones to replace your ball-and-chain laptop.
The 10 Biggest Cloud Stories Of 2013
VMware gets into public cloud, Amazon beats out IBM and Oracle gets chummy with Salesforce are just some of the big-time stories that hit this year in the cloud computing market.
The 10 Biggest Security Stories Of 2013
Security threats, data breaches and new technologies made the list of top security stories of 2013. The stories highlight trends that could impact the security industry for years to come.
|| More Slide Shows