The 10 Coolest Big Data Startups Of 2013 (So Far)

Email this CRN article


According to DataGravity, a big data startup based in Nashua, N.H., led by CEO Paula Long, structured data, or data with well-defined schemas that businesses can easily store and analyze, only makes up a miniscule 20 percent of all the data out there today. The other 80 percent, the startup says, is unstructured, pouring out of sources like Twitter, Facebook, emails and blog posts, and is often more valuable, but more difficult, to tap into.

DataGravity is seeking to change all that with a new set of tools to help companies large and small leverage and analyze these unstructured data sources to make better, and faster, decisions. The company, which raised $30 million in VC funding this January, expects its first product to launch in 2014.

Email this CRN article

Get the latest channel news to your inbox every day with the VAR Insider newsletter.