Companies Lack Policies To Safeguard Data On Mobile Devices
Regulated data on mobile devices and in the cloud is at risk, according to the institute, because organizations do not do or know the following:
* Know how much regulated data is on mobile devices used by employees or transferred to cloud-based file sharing applications;
* Prevent employees from accessing regulated data using unsecured mobile devices;
* Make mobile data protection a top priority;
* Take steps to monitor employees who access and use regulated data on mobile devices;
* Ensure employees are aware of the importance of protecting regulated data on mobile devices. Respondents also believe that most employees, at one time or another, have circumvented or disabled required security settings on their mobile device;
* Have the necessary oversight or governance practices in place.