Autotask CEO: We've Doubled The Size Of Our Business Since 2014

Autotask has doubled the size of its business in the past two years as the company leverages its new private equity funding to acquire key industry players.

"You should feel very confident about where we are, where we're heading and our financial partner," Mark Cattini, Autotask president and CEO, said Monday in Hollywood, Fla. "We're growing stronger as an Autotask community, and Autotask is certainly growign with you."

Cattini told the 900 attendees of Autotask Community Live 2016 that being acquired by private equity giant Vista Equity Partners in June 2014 has enabled Autotask to execute on a broader vision that it lacked the financial resources to carry out as a stand-alone company.

[RELATED: Autotask Rolls Out Endpoint Backup Tool As It Looks To Deliver More Managed Services]

Sponsored post

Vista Equity Partners has also made the East Greenbush, N.Y.-based IT services management vendor operationally stronger thanks to its sharing of best practices and operational principles. Cattini characterized the San Francisco-based investor as the highest-performing and most consistent private equity software investor of the 21st century.

Since security funding from Vista Equity, Cattini said Autotask has seen a fourfold increase in the number of devices being managed by Autotask customers and an unprecedented rate of Autotask MSPs adding end-user clients.

Autotask is also looking to expand its geographic footprint in the coming year by adding offices in Manhattan and either Atlanta or the Raleigh-Durham N.C. Research Triangle to its six existing U.S. facilities. Autotask also is looking to better support clients in northern England by adding a Manchester office, which would be its eighth facility overseas.

"We're continuing to expand," Cattini said. "We invest where you are."

That's a drastic change from six years ago, when Cattini said Autotask's brick-and-mortar presence was limited to its Albany, N.Y.-area headquarters. Adding more offices helped Autotask reverse slowing growth in the U.S., Cattini said, as customers expect in-person support for mission-critical business applications.

Since Cattini took over at Autotask in late 2010, he said the number of tickets produced annually has grown from 30 million to 50 million and the amount of sales being billed through the Autotask platform has exploded from $1 billion to $6 billion. Meanwhile, the number of users on Autotask has doubled from between 35,000 and 40,000 a few years ago to some 75,000 today, Cattini said.

Roughly 85 percent of the growth Autotask has achieved since Vista Equity came on board has been organic, Cattini said. The remaining 15 percent stems from the purchase of remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform CentraStage in September 2014 and the acquisition of file sync and share provider Soonr in July 2015.

The CentraStage RMM business has grown sixfold in just two years, while the size of Soonr's business has almost doubled in a little over a year thanks to Autotask's commitment to completely unifying all of its product offerings, Cattini said.

Autotask partner Team SOS has grown the amount of business going through Autotask in recent years thanks in part to its improved asset management capabilities, according to Operations Director Juanita Ellis.

Now, Ellis said the Loomis, Calif.-based company is able to bill clients on the actual assets being managed rather than resorting to guesswork.