Homepage Rankings and Research Companies Channelcast Marketing Matters CRNtv Events WOTC Jobs Dell Technologies World Digital Experience 2020 HPE Zone Masergy Zenith Partner Program Newsroom Intel Partner Connect Digital Newsroom Dell Technologies Newsroom Fortinet Secure Network Hub IBM Newsroom Juniper Newsroom The IoT Integrator Lenovo Channel-First NetApp Data Fabric Intel Tech Provider Zone

The 10 Coolest Big Data Startups Of 2014 (So Far)

Big data has continued to be big bucks in 2014. Here are 10 of the coolest big data startups of the year.

Back 1 ... 2   3   4   5   6   ... 11 Next


Flatiron Health

Co-Founders: Nat Turner and Zach Weinberg

Founded in 2012 by former Google employees Nat Turner and Zach Weinberg, Flatiron Health is harnessing the power of big data analytics to help doctors better understand, and treat, one of the world's most complex diseases: cancer.

Flatiron Health, based in New York, is developing OncologyCloud, an advanced data platform that is 100 percent focused on oncology. The idea is that the platform aggregates and transforms critical data from electronic medical records and billing systems in real time to provide a comprehensive view of each patient's experience in the oncology office.

The need for a platform like OncologyCloud, Flatiron says, is great; according to the company's website, only 4percent of cancer patients in the U.S. participate in clinical trials, meaning the industry isn't learning from the other 96 percent of patients.

Earlier this year, Flatiron announced a $130 million round in funding, led by Google Ventures.

Back 1 ... 2   3   4   5   6   ... 11 Next

sponsored resources