Homepage Rankings and Research Companies Channelcast Marketing Matters CRNtv Events WOTC Cisco Partner Summit Digital 2020 NetApp Digital Newsroom HPE Zone The Business Continuity Center Enterprise Tech Provider Masergy Zenith Partner Program Newsroom HP Reinvent Digital Newsroom Hitachi Vantara Digital Newsroom IBM Newsroom Juniper Newsroom Intel Partner Connect 2021 Avaya Newsroom Experiences That Matter The IoT Integrator Intel Tech Provider Zone NetApp Data Fabric WatchGuard Digital Newsroom

HP Finally Takes Lead From Cisco In Cloud Infrastructure Equipment Market

HP pulled ahead in the second quarter of 2015, reaching 13 percent market share, compared with Cisco's 12.5 percent, according to Synergy Research Group.

1   2   3   ... 8 Next


We've Got A New Leader

Hewlett-Packard is the new market leader for cloud infrastructure equipment, pulling ahead of Cisco after years of lagging behind in second place, according to new second quarter 2015 data from Synergy Research Group.

Synergy's latest quarterly research on the hardware and software cloud infrastructure equipment market shows HP now leading the market, with 13 percent market share, following by Cisco -- which dropped half a percentage point sequentially -- at 12.5 percent.

Total cloud infrastructure equipment revenue accounted for $16 billion per quarter, with a growth rate of 25 percent year over year, according to Synergy. Nearly 90 percent of the cloud infrastructure market is made up of servers, storage, operating systems and networking, while the remaining 10 percent consists of cloud security, cloud management and virtualization applications.

CRN spoke with John Dinsdale, Synergy's chief analyst, about the market leaders and why HP is winning market share from Cisco.

1   2   3   ... 8 Next

sponsored resources