Search
Homepage Rankings and Research Companies Channelcast Marketing Matters CRNtv Events WOTC Jobs Cisco Partner Summit Digital 2020 Lenovo Tech World Newsroom Dell Technologies World Digital Experience 2020 HPE Zone Masergy Zenith Partner Program Newsroom Dell Technologies Newsroom Fortinet Secure Network Hub Hitachi Vantara Digital Newsroom IBM Newsroom Juniper Newsroom The IoT Integrator Lenovo Channel-First NetApp Data Fabric Intel Tech Provider Zone

Ginni Rometty: 5 Reasons Why IBM Is Acquiring Red Hat

‘This is about resetting the cloud landscape and we will be the undisputed, number one leader in hybrid cloud,’ said IBM CEO Ginni Rometty on Monday.

Back 1   2   3   ... 6 Next
photo

Becoming The 'Undisputed' Hybrid Cloud Leader

This is about resetting the cloud landscape and we will be the undisputed, number one leader in hybrid cloud. We've been really building our business for this moment. To lead in the second chapter of cloud, it’s all going to be about hybrid cloud. Hybrid cloud is an emerging $1 trillion market. All clients today already have cloud. Look, we already have a $19 billion successful cloud business, but in chapter one of cloud, the early cloud projects … it's mostly been about productivity and some client-facing apps. As we've done surveys, clients have moved 10 [percent] to 20 percent of their workloads to their clouds. So chapter one of cloud, 20-percent is mostly cost focused. But this is an inflection point, if they're going to get past that and move the other 80 percent – which is about all their processes and data – they need what we're going to offer together. This robust, hybrid environment. This 80 percent is about unlocking business value. … This move of the 80 percent is only going to be achieved, if you can move data and applications across multiple clouds and make that portable. To lead in chapter two, you got to be hybrid, multi-cloud, open, secure end-to-end and have multi-cloud management.

 
 
Back 1   2   3   ... 6 Next

sponsored resources