The Highest-Paying IT Jobs (And The Lowest) In 2021
Joseph F. Kovar
Staff consulting and recruiting organization Robert Half Technology just released its Technology Salary Guide 2021 with a look at IT industry salaries as a way to help businesses trying to grow in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic while dealing with a shortage of engineers, analysts, administrators and managers.
Technical Services And Operations
This category includes such positions as managers, engineers, analysts, technicians, help desk support and operators all focused on ensuring a company’s IT systems are providing the services a business and its customers require.
Salaries for the 50th percentile of employees in technical services and operations range from $41,500 for PC technicians to $137,000 for managers.
Personnel in the top five positions in the technical services and operations category are making on average:
* Managers: $111,500 to $190,750 (versus last year’s $107,500 to $185,250)
* Site reliability engineers: $100,750 to $199,000 (versus last year’s $99,750 to $197,000)
* IT auditors: $96,250 to $164,250 (versus last year’s $95,250 to $162,500)
* Business continuity analysts: $90,750 to $154,250 (versus last year’s $89,750 to $152,750)
* Systems engineers: $90,000 to $149,500 (versus last year’s $88,750 to $148,000)