Software And Application Development
This category includes 20 positions including managers, Scrum masters, engineers and developers, analysts and technical writers. It is the largest category by number of positions in the study.
This category is also one of only a handful where the managers are not at the top of the salary scale. Instead, mobile application developers and application architects tend to command higher salaries.
At the 50th percentile, salaries in 2021 range from $71,500 for technical writers to $144,500 for application architects.
Personnel in the top five positions in the software and application development category are making on average:
* Application architects: $119,750 to $210,250 per year (versus last year’s $117,500 to $197,250)
* Mobile application developers: $112,750 to $189,750 per year (versus last year’s $121,750 to $206,500)
* Managers: $110,500 to $188,000 per year (versus last year’s $110,500 to $188,750)
* Lead application developers: $108,500 to $186,000 per year (versus last year’s $107,000 to $183,250)
* Product managers: $104,250 to $177,500 per year (replaces software engineer as the fifth-highest-paying software and application development position)