The Highest-Paying IT Jobs (And The Lowest) In 2021
Joseph F. Kovar
Staff consulting and recruiting organization Robert Half Technology just released its Technology Salary Guide 2021 with a look at IT industry salaries as a way to help businesses trying to grow in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic while dealing with a shortage of engineers, analysts, administrators and managers.
This category includes five positions related to the development and administration of a company‘s web presence, including e-commerce analysis.
Salaries for the 50th percentile for employees in web development range from $85,000 for web administrators to $124,750 for senior web developers.
Employees in the web development part of a business are making on average:
* Senior web developers: $104,250 to $172,000 per year (versus last year’s $102,750 to $174,000)
* Web developers: $87,250 to $145,000 per year (about the same as last year’s $86,000 to $146,250)
* E-commerce analysts: $86,000 to $142,250 per year (about the same as last year’s $85,250 to $142,250)
* Front-end web developers: $72,000 to $136,000 per year (versus last year’s $67,000 to $132,000)
* Web administrators: $70,250 to $119,000 per year (about the same as last year’s $70,000 to $119,500)
Three of the five positions in the web development category—senior web developers, web developers and web administrators—actually saw year-over-year salary decreases at the 95th percentile, the high end of the salary curve, while only front-end web developers saw significant salary increases at the high end of the spectrum.