Data And Database Administration
This category includes 12 professions in a wide range of some of the hottest technologies around, including positions related to big data; data science, architecting and modeling; AI; and business intelligence.
Outside executive leadership, data and database administration personnel on average commanded the highest salaries in the survey, with big data engineers at the top.
Salaries for employees in the 50th percentile for data and database administration range from $79,000 for data reporting analysts to $166,500 for big data engineers.
For the top five positions in data and data base administration salarywise, employees can expect to make on average:
* Big data engineers: $132,500 to $226,500 per year (versus last year’s $130,000 to $222,000)
* Data architects: $123,250 to $199,250 per year (versus last year’s $119,750 to $193,500)
* AI architects: $123,750 to $194,750 per year (versus last year’s $120,250 to $189,000)
* Database managers: $114,500 to $192,000 per year (versus last year’s $111,250 to $186,500)
* Data scientists: $109,000 to $185,750 per year (replaced database developers for the No. 5 spot)
Note that while data scientists pretty much enjoyed the fifth-highest average salaries in the data and database administration category across nearly all percentiles, database managers had higher average salaries at the 95th percentile at $192,000 per year, followed by business intelligence analysts at $189,250 per year.