4. Whitelist acceptable software programs that are safe for employee use.
While employees are often the best judges of what tools make their workdays more productive, they don’t always have data security and compliance in mind. Therefore, the BYOD policy must whitelist acceptable software programs that are safe for employees to use and block any software that could create security issues. That can be accomplished either by publishing an official corporate policy with a list of allowable and prohibited applications, or by automatically blocking access to unauthorized applications on the corporate network and devices.
5. Protect against packet sniffing in unsecured WiFi areas.
Enterprise mobility has been a game-changer when it comes to productivity. While mobile employees can now stay connected to the office while on the road, unsecured WiFi hotpots in coffee shops, hotels and airports leave data vulnerable. To combat the risk, load software that protects against packet sniffing onto any portable device that will access company data and applications.
Balance technology with clear company policy
IT management tools can take the headache and hassle out of important administrative tasks such as patching, inventory, availability and security, particularly when dealing with a mix of devices and operating systems. However, technology alone isn’t a complete solution. You’ll also need to create a clear company policy on how data can be shared and used and make sure that employees understand the numerous security risks and ways that breaches can happen.
<< Previous | 1 | 2
- Protecting The Business From Cloud Application Security Risks
- The Massive SaaS Opportunities For VARs
- A Reseller's Guide: Recipe For Channel Partnership Success
- Cloud Connection: Seven Steps To Effective Public Cloud Services
- From CapEx To OpEx: Channel Strategy In The Federal Push To The Cloud
- A Reseller's Guide: Coming Out On Top In The Face Of Channel Conflict
- How To Create A Case For Disaster Recovery Plan
- How To Offset Your Customers' BYOD Risks
- How To Ease Client Anxiety About Private Cloud Deployments
- How An SMB Cloud Provider Can Create 'Swagger' In A Competitive Market
- A Reseller's Guide: Creating A Successful Solution Provider Event
- How to Prepare for the Future of the IT Solutions Industry
- How to Consolidate Data Protection Services for Greater Customer Value
- 10 Attributes to Support Revenue Marketing and Sales Success.
- How To Improve Efficiency: Upgrade Mountain Lion and iOS6
- How To Cash In On the Cloud Through Collaboration
- How To Sell Cloud Storage In Five Steps
- How To Protect High-Value Data Assets
- Moving Data to the Cloud: Options for SMBs and Small Enterprises
- How To Apply Big Data Security Analytics to Detect Advanced Threats and Breaches