20 Tech Companies Hiring In The IT Channel: January 2024
TCS, General Dynamics IT, 1Path, Check Point, Nerdio and Seagate are among the companies to list open positions for channel-related roles.
This month, Tata Consultancy Services, General Dynamics IT and 1Path are among the solution providers to list open positions while Check Point, Nerdio and Seagate are among the vendors to list open positions for channel-related roles.
CRN has looked at open listings on LinkedIn that would bring talent into the channel—either by working with a partner or by working with a vendor to support partners.
Open Jobs In The IT Channel
Open roles include:
- A mobile application developer at TCS
- A shipboard electronics technician making at least $16.56 an hour at GDIT
- A service desk manager making at least $70,000 a year at 1Path
- A worldwide sales planning lead for partners who can make at least $112,500 a year at Check Point
- An events administrative assistant who can make at least $45,000 a year at Nerdio
- A senior staff cloud service provider (CSP) partner development and marketplace manager making at least $134,000 a year at Seagate
All the hiring comes despite multiple tech giants cutting their employee rosters amid growing inflation, the possibility of a recession in the near future and tightening IT budgets after high demand for technology during the height of the pandemic.
Here are some of the latest job openings in the channel.
Check Point Software Technologies has a few channel-related roles open on LinkedIn this month.
The Israel-based security vendor seeks a worldwide sales planning lead for partners who can make at least $112,500 a year, according to a LinkedIn listing.
The lead “will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to optimize sales processes, drive revenue growth, and enhance the overall effectiveness of our sales team,” according to the listing. The lead will “partner directly with our WW Channel Sales team, to improve overall sales cadence and process.”
Candidates should have “5+ years of proven experience in sales planning, sales operations, or a related role” and “significant experience working in a B2B sales channels corporate operation.”
Check Point also wants an MSP email security engineer, according to another LinkedIn listing. The engineer will be “responsible for delivery of product demonstrations for MSP/MSSP prospects” and “available for meetings supporting Partners Globally in all time-zones.”
Candidates should have “3+ years relevant experience in vendor sales or deployment and operations of SaaS security solutions within an MSP/MSSP” and a “B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.”
The vendor also seeks a head of strategic national partners who will be “defining and implementing a strategy for growing the US strategic nationals business with Check Point and expanding the Check Point footprint with those partners,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have “10+ years of experience at global enterprise technology companies - including security and software experience.”
Check Point is 100 percent channel driven, according to the vendor.
Multiple channel-related roles are listed for Arctic Wolf on LinkedIn this month.
The Eden Prairie, Minn.-based security vendor has an opening for a partner development representative, according to one LinkedIn listing.
The rep “recruits, enables, and manages MSP and Resale partners in assigned territory who effectively articulates the requirements, expectations, and benefits of the Arctic Wolf Channel Program,” according to the listing. The hire will “serve as liaison between inside/field sales teams (and CAMs) to identify, recruit (where needed) and support partners with experience in both Resale and MSP.”
Candidates should have a bachelor’s and “1+ years in an inside sales environment working with Channel partners.”
Arctic Wolf also has a listing for a senior partner marketing manager. This hire will work “closely with channel and alliance partners, sales, and marketing to drive the strategy and execution plan for programs and initiatives that gain partner mindshare, generate partner demand, recruit new partners, enhance the partner experience, and build pipeline and sales opportunities,” according to the listing.
The hire will “create and execute a partner communication strategy and plan based on partner journey and segmentation data, including coordination of channel and alliances communications calendar, updates to the Partner Portal, execution of quarterly partner webinar, newsletters, and other partner-focused communications and points of engagement,” according to the listing.
Candidates for this position should have “6-8+ years proven experience in B2B field or partner marketing” and a “Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, English or Communications, or related field of study.”
Arctic Wolf has about 1,100 channel partners worldwide and 1,000 in North America, according to CRN’s 2023 Channel Chiefs.
This month, Keeper Security has an open position listed on LinkedIn for a senior product manager “to define and drive our Enterprise Admin Console and MSP platform.”
The Chicago-based security vendor wants this manager to “conduct research and engage with customers, partners and internal teams to identify market opportunities, determine requirements and drive roadmap prioritization,” according to the listing.
The manager will “author product documentation, product demos, blog posts, sales readiness material and other content.”
Candidates should have “5+ years of experience in the MSP industry (either working for an MSP, running an MSP or developing software for MSPs)” and a “BS in computer science, engineering or relevant field.”
On LinkedIn this month, Binary Defense has a listing for a marketing director for demand generation and account-based marketing (ABM) programs
The Stow, Ohio-based security vendor will have this hire “partner closely with Sales, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Channel Marketing, Marketing Operations, Product Management, and Creative,” according to the listing. The hire will “source, negotiate, and manage relationships and contracts with third-party partners.”
The candidate should have “8+ years of technology or software B2B marketing experience,” according to the listing.
Binary Defense also seeks an account executive (AE) for the managed security services business, according to a separate LinkedIn listing.
The AE will “identify, qualify, and set business opportunities via a variety of sources including phone/email/social media” and “utilize strategic partnerships and clients as sources for recommendations and referrals,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and “5+ years in cybersecurity sales roles, or extensive sales experience (10+) in a similar industry.”
About 40 percent of Binary Defense’s sales come through the channel, according to CRN’s 2023 Channel Chiefs.
Wasabi Technologies has multiple job openings on LinkedIn this month.
The Boston-based cloud storage vendor’s openings include:
- Director of surveillance business development – the hire will “identify partner relationships that could be categorized as OEM, Alliance or Channel”
- Business development representative (BDR) – the hire will “schedule appointments and warmly introduce qualified leads to Wasabi Enterprise, Commercial, Channel, or Inside Sales representatives in order to accelerate their pipelines”
- MuleSoft engineer – the hire will “establish and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional teams, external and internal IT partners”
- Senior technical support engineer – the hire will “provide technical leadership in solving complex issues and become point of escalation”
- Distribution channel account manager (CAM) – the hire will “leverage our Wasabi distributors to get deeper and wider within Wasabi’s current channel of over 19,000 reseller partners”
- Accounts receivable specialist – the hire will “respond to various billing and AR support requests; editing invoice information, remove tax, credit/rebill, payment issues, etc.”
- People operations generalist – the hire will work on “payroll, benefits administration, project management, onboarding, policy implementation, compliance, and documentation”
- Surveillance solution architect – the hire “will assist customers and partners in designing and implementing robust video surveillance solutions utilizing the Wasabi product line”
- Senior foundation software engineer – the hire will ensure “the scalability, availability, and security of our applications while collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality solutions”
Wasabi has more than 15,000 worldwide channel partners and about 10,000 in North America, according to CRN’s 2023 Channel Chiefs.
Scale Computing has an opening for a territory sales representative in Canada, according to a LinkedIn listing.
The Indianapolis-based edge computing and virtualization technologies vendor seeks a rep who can “deliver consistent production and growth by developing an assigned territory, managing a pipeline, recruiting and developing partner relationships, and staffing various field-marketing events,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have “a strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales” and a “minimum of 5 years technical sales experience,” according to the listing.
Scale has about 2,000 channel partners worldwide and about 1,300 in North America, according to CRN’s 2023 Channel Chiefs.
An opening for a distribution sales manager making at least $160,000 is listed on LinkedIn this month at Nerdio.
The Chicago-based provider of tools for deploying and managing virtual desktops in Microsoft Azure seeks a manager to “lead weekly/monthly/quarterly calls with resellers to enhance our collaborative relationships, manage/drive pipeline, resolve issues, build campaigns and train across all departments,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have “2+ years’ experience in the MSP ecosystem either working at or selling through the MSP channel.”
Nerdio also seeks an events administrative assistant who can make at least $45,000 a year, according to a separate LinkedIn listing.
The hire “will be responsible for working directly with our Events Coordinator and VP, Partner Programs to assist with event planning for the organization,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have “1+ year(s) of customer service and administrative experience.”
In 2023, CRN named Nerdio among its “15 Hot Products MSPs Need To Know In Security, Cloud and AI.”
On LinkedIn this month, BlackCloak seeks a senior data engineer who can make at least $130,000 a year and “will lead the design and implementation of data pipelines internally and with partner/vendor and client endpoints.”
The Lake Mary, Fla.-based security vendor wants this engineer to “develop new data store and data lineage features” and “design reusable and scalable data models and libraries for current and future use,” according to the LinkedIn listing.
Candidates should have “5+ years as a data engineer in a low latency B2C/B2B environment.”
BlackCloak also has a listing for a technical product manager, according to LinkedIn. The manager can make at least $90,000 a year and will help “define, drive, and execute on all aspects of product for our platform from mobile and desktop to cloud platform.”
Candidates should have “3+ years of product and business analysis,” according to the listing.
The vendor also has an open role for a senior DevOps (development operations) and site reliability engineer, according to a LinkedIn listing. The engineer can make at least $130,000 a year.
The hire will “architect, implement, and maintain cloud-native infrastructure using industry best-practices.” Candidates should have “5+ years experience in DevOps/CloudOps/DevSecOps,” according to the listing.
BlackCloak has previously made CRN’s “15 Hot Products From XChange” list.
An opening for a cloud carrier sales director at Nuso is listed on LinkedIn this month.
The University City, Mo.-based cloud communications vendor will task this director with “developing relationships and selling wholesale and carrier services to Cloud, VoIP, RBOC, CLEC, IXC and other carrier/service providers,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and “10 years of sales experience in the telecom or related industries.”
Nuso previously made a CRN’s list for “Hot Technology Products For SMBs.”
Seagate Technology has an opening for a senior staff cloud service provider (CSP) partner development and marketplace manager making at least $134,000 a year, according to a LinkedIn listing.
The Fremont, Calif.-based data storage and management vendor seeks candidates with “extensive experience leading and building strong CSP relationships, well-versed in core enterprise partnership programs and has perfected the art of channel relationships in the technology industry,” according to the listing.
The manager “will lead the business development and execution of our large enterprise partnership programs in addition to growing our marketplace presence and building strong pipeline with our partners,” according to the listing.
This hire will also ensure “partner readiness by developing positioning, messaging, training and marketing plans to promote pipeline development” and work “with the CSP assigned Business Development Manager to create, nurture, execute plans to accelerate opportunities and growth within their partner network tiers. (i.e. Amazon Partner Network).”
Seagate’s Lyve Mobile previously made a CRN list for “Hot Technology Products For SMBs.”
iT1 seeks a software project manager, according to a LinkedIn listing.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based company – a member of CRN’s MSP 500 – wants the manager to “drive project discovery sessions to create clear minimum viable product (MVP) requirements” and “manage project priorities and create project forecasts,” among other responsibilities, according to the listing.
Candidates should know English and Spanish and have “5+ years of Project Management experience with a focus on delivering Salesforce solutions,” according to the listing.
iT1 also has a listing for a senior network engineer, according to LinkedIn. The engineer will “research, resolve, and respond to internal and client issues within scope of the NOC team’s responsibilities in a timely manner, to provide best in class support for IT1’s Managed Service Clients.”
Candidates should have “7+ years of Cisco networking leadership in large, multi-site enterprise,” according to the listing.
1Path has multiple job openings, according to LinkedIn.
The Atlanta-based company – a member of CRN’s MSP 500 – seeks the following among its open positions:
- Social media and communications specialist making at least $58,000 a year – the hire will “write, edit, design, and publish compelling wide-ranging communications, including social media posts, press releases, and other related content”
- Senior product manager making at least $120,000 a year – the hire will “lead the product management function by working with Sales and solutions to define product vision, strategy, and roadmap to drive growth and meet market demands”
- Service desk manager making at least $70,000 a year – the hire will “serve as the main point of contact for clients, addressing concerns, and ensuring overall satisfaction”
- A level one systems administrator making at least $40,000 a year – the hire will provide “end user desktop and server support via phone, email, and in person”
- A level four senior project engineer making at least $90,000 a year – the hire will “work independently and with Project Managers in a senior engineering capacity to complete IT projects for 1Path’s customer base”
This month, Quartech has a couple of listings available for job-seekers on LinkedIn.
Open roles at the Vancouver, British Columbia-based company – No. 382 on CRN’s 2023 Solution Provider 500 – include a Microsoft Dynamics functional consultant making at least 100,000 Canadian dollars ($74,000).
The hire “will be responsible for supporting all application activities during the full lifecycle of a Dynamics 365 CRM implementation,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have a “degree or Diploma in computer sciences, business administration or relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience” and “4-7 years of combined experience in Business Analyst or Functional Consultant, implementing Dynamics solutions and recent experience with Dynamics 365.”
The solution provider also seeks a senior .NET developer. The hire will “incrementally design, develop, test, debug, and deploy IT products using modern software delivery tools, frameworks, and deployment methods,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have “a minimum of five years of experience as a Software Developer using the .NET stack, including experience with .Net and .NET Core.”
Multiple openings at Flexware Innovation are listed on LinkedIn this month.
The Fishers, Ind.-based company – No. 413 on CRN’s 2023 Solution Provider 500 – seeks the following among its open roles:
- Ignition team lead – the hire “will be responsible for all aspects of custom software solutions for Flexware’s clients and helping them build long-lasting solutions”
- Senior automation engineer – the hire will “come up with innovative solutions and lead the solutions allowing our customers to be freed up to focus on what they do best”
- Payroll specialist – the hire “will be responsible for running payroll every two weeks”
- Validation engineer – the hire will “provide detailed documentation to clients on systems designs and programming in a heavily regulated environment” and “become a trusted advisor to Flexware’s clients in order to solve their controls issues”
Nuspire seeks a director of channel sales for “recruiting new channel partners that align with Nuspire’s overall strategy – quality and strategic alignment over quantity of partners,” according to a LinkedIn listing.
The Commerce, Mich.-based company – a member of CRN’s MSP 500 – seeks candidates with a “minimum of 10 years’ experience in channel partnership sales in driving growth,” according to the listing.
Nuspire also has an opening for a network operations center (NOC) manager, according to a separate LinkedIn listing.
The manager will “lead a team of 3 shift leads and 24x7x365 NOC level 1-3 agents and technicians in a fast-paced environment that includes hiring, performance, coaching, and development of well-rounded, world-class professionals,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have “6+ years of experience in Networking, IT, cybersecurity or related field.”
Level one and level two network support engineers are sought by Step CG this month, according to a LinkedIn listing.
The Covington, Ky.-based company – No. 273 on CRN’s 2023 Solution Provider 500 – wants an level one engineer who can “collaborate with the Customer Care Center Support Team to meet defined goals and objectives and meet or exceed established SLAs” and “provide technical assistance and support to customers via telephone, email, chat, or online portal,” according to the listing.
Candidates should have “2+ years of relevant experience in the customer service, customer support, or managed service provider field.”
Level two engineers “assess areas of opportunity for process improvement and work with the Tier II Network Support Engineer Lead and Operations Manager to implement change where necessary” and “act as an escalation for Tier I Network Support Engineers,” according to a separate listing.
Candidates should have “4+ years of relevant experience in the customer service, customer support, or managed service provider field,” according to the listing.
CyrusOne has multiple openings this month on LinkedIn.
The Dallas-based company – No. 40 on CRN’s 2023 Solution Provider 500 – seeks the following among its open roles:
- Director of IT, data and analytics – the hire will “facilitate the establishment and execution of the roadmap for data, information architecture and data analytics that aligns with the Cyrus One’s vision and strategy”
- Program manager (PM) – the hire “will lead efforts around discovery, scoping, planning, and management of projects”
- Financial systems analyst – the hire will “serve various functions in support of Information Systems including solving information, system and process problems, system analysis, executing system and process improvements as required, participate in projects and system implementations, and report design while ensuring appropriate data standards”
- Data center operations manager – the hire will be “responsible for ensuring optimal performance of data center and facility environments, systems and personnel, as well as, the daily over-site and guidance for administrative and maintenance functions”
- Assistant controller – the hire will “perform general accounting and month end reporting and analysis”
- Solutions engineer – the new hire will provide “critical engineering guidance and performs customer-facing engineering functions in support of customer acquisition, installation scope and custom construction scope”
- Level two service delivery technician – the hire “answers and records calls, e-mail requests and alerts from monitoring platforms, resolves client issues, opens and takes ownership of problems and opens changes”
- Vice president of site acquisitions and location strategy – the hire will be “responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive data center site acquisitions strategy to support the Company’s long-term growth and business objectives”
- Commissioning agent – the hire will be “responsible for managing and implementing the commissioning process for new buildings, Adder project to existing building, and evaluation of acquisitions”
- Controls project manager – the hire will be “responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for large scale, highly technical, and critical business projects”
- Capital markets and corporate finance analyst – the hire “will be responsible for providing analytical support for the Company’s corporate finance strategic financing initiatives and capital markets activities, including underwriting and preparation of financing packages, debt covenant compliance and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, business intelligence, and investor relations activities”
- Senior power and energy manager – the hire will “be responsible for maintaining and establishing programs associated with the procurement of transmission, distribution and energy supply for the CyrusOne Portfolio”
- Microsoft Azure Synapse analytics engineer – the hire “will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing data solutions using Azure Synapse Analytics and SQL Data Warehouse technologies”
- Regional operations director – the hire will “oversee the daily facility operations of all data centers within the region, by managing both internal and external resources, to provide an exceptional customer experience each day for every customer”
General Dynamics IT
General Dynamics IT (GDIT) has numerous roles to fill listed on LinkedIn this month.
The Falls Church, Va.-based company – No. 13 on CRN’s 2023 Solution Provider 500 – seeks the following among its open positions:
- Federal government IT business process analyst expert – the hire “analyzes business and technical processes to formulate and develop business information processing systems”
- Technical enablement adviser making at least $72,000 a year – the hire will “work closely with business division leadership, program managers, and HR Business Partners to proactively identify and address technology-related learning and certification needs of GDIT’s employees, who are focused on supporting our nation’s most mission-critical work”
- Cybersecurity engineer and senior adviser – the hire “works with the Enterprise Architect, service leads, engineers, developers, and stakeholders to maintain the highest level of security defense and readiness with minimized impact on mission performance”
- Level two communications security (ComSec) manager – the hire “will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities”
- Systems integrator – the hire “coordinates and monitors the scrum process from initiation through delivery”
- C# .NET software developer who can make at least $104,000 a year – the hire “will design, develop, test, and deploy solutions that are hosted in multiple AWS, Windows environments, using Elasticsearch for data indexing and employing Google APIs for addressing and registering/visualizing geolocations”
- Data analyst making at least $72,000 a year – the hire will be “responsible for monitoring and maintaining Data Quality within very large Oracle production databases at the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) containing military identification information used for healthcare benefits”
- Level three administrative assistant – the hire will perform “duties based on established SOPs and FAQs, but will also need to work with contract and staff team members to critically think through solutions for non-routine cases”
- Air Force Long Haul Communications (AFLHC) communication coordinator – the hire will “provide communications provisioning, policy and technical support for … Air Force organizations requiring enterprise-level telecommunications services”
- Cloud site reliability engineer (SRE) – the hire will “improve reliability, quality, performance for cloud-hosted applications”
- Shipboard electronics technician making at least $16.56 an hour – the hire “fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions”
- Production control clerk – the hire “receives, stores, and issues equipment, materials, supplies, merchandise, and or tools”
- Marine Electrician – making at least $19.08 an hour – the hire “repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and connectors”
Tata Consultancy Services
Numerous open roles are listed on LinkedIn this month at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
Among the unfilled roles at the India-based company – No. 2 on CRN’s 2023 Solution Provider 500 – are:
- Consultant – the hire will “create and maintain user experience (UX) design systems, processes, and documentation”
- Mobile application developer – the hire will work “works with Product Management / Business Partners to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions”
- Functional analyst – the hire will “prepare and implement software test plans, designs, objectives, and cases”
- Enterprise data science platform onsite lead – the hire will “create and update SOP and Work Instructions as per enterprise guidance”
- Technical lead – the hire will work with the “audit team for documenting Issue template across multiple applications”
- Spark data engineer – the hire will “develop enterprise applications using agile methodology” and “design and document technical solution strategies and architectures fulfilling complex business requirements”
- Project manager – the hire will “create the overall project plan and track against it based on dependencies, maintain risk log, and highlight items for leadership assistance in status meetings”
- Business relationship manager – the hire will “manage and expand of our insurance accounts based in the USA. Must have experience in selling BPO Managed Services”
- Architect – the hire will be “ensuring that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support outstanding service deliver”
- Pega developer – The hire will “contribute in solution architecture and create technical design documents
- Oracle database administrator (DBA) – the hire will be “managing and Administrating on Installations and Build of Physical standby databases for oracle 126.96.36.199 and 19.0.0”
Meridian IT has multiple unfilled positions this month, according to LinkedIn listings.
The Deerfield, Ill.-based company – a member of CRN’s MSP 500 – seeks the following among its open roles:
- IBM systems architect – the hire will be “responsible for scoping projects, creating statement of works and service estimates and implementing same services”
- Service contracts coordinator – the hire will be “responsible for finalizing proposals, processing signed contracts, assigning resources, invoicing, renewing and tracking recurring services performed internally or with an external business partner”
- East region account manager – the hire will focus “on selling business solutions, consulting, design, implementation, and managed services”
- Cloud and managed services account manager – the hire will focus “on selling Meridian’s Power cloud and managed services (mPower) into prospective accounts” and target “owners of IBM Power systems, both IBM i and AIX as well as Meridian Enterprise Cloud and Public Cloud”
- Senior solutions architect and business technology adviser – the hire is “responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization's contact center, network, and security infrastructure in the areas of Contact Center, Network, Security, Cloud, and NGN Technologies”
- Network engineer – the hire “responsible for assisting Senior Engineers with implementing end-to-end solutions to complex business networking and communications problems for new and existing clients”