Application and Network Visibility—Formulating a Response to Threat
Visibility into who is using which web-based application can avert those dismaying network traffic spikes that slow mission-critical applications and compromise security tools. Without visibility, by the time IT can take action, the crisis has taken on a life of its own and the business is losing revenue. The following design tactics can thwart attacks, and help rid the network of crime.
1. Look beyond status quo solutions.
Given the scale and scope of consumer-oriented applications, IT should address threats with a comprehensive network visibility and application security architecture. This should offer all the performance needed to handle an intensive, expanding and unpredictable environment.
2. Think visibility into all applications.
Because all applications are at risk, any defense should be network-wide. A holistic visibility architecture should provide ample intelligence and insight about the most active users and applications in all areas of the enterprise.
3. Don’t skimp on scalability.
You need to delve deep into application behaviors and weaknesses in order to frustrate wily application-borne threats. Be sure that your architecture is scalable enough to meet the most intensive requirements over time—enabling collection of byte, packet, session, and time statistics; identifying hundreds of applications and offering detailed analysis of application data to administrators. The time to start implementing this architecture is now.
<< Previous | 1 | 2
- Protecting The Business From Cloud Application Security Risks
- The Massive SaaS Opportunities For VARs
- A Reseller's Guide: Recipe For Channel Partnership Success
- Cloud Connection: Seven Steps To Effective Public Cloud Services
- From CapEx To OpEx: Channel Strategy In The Federal Push To The Cloud
- A Reseller's Guide: Coming Out On Top In The Face Of Channel Conflict
- How To Create A Case For Disaster Recovery Plan
- How To Offset Your Customers' BYOD Risks
- How To Ease Client Anxiety About Private Cloud Deployments
- How An SMB Cloud Provider Can Create 'Swagger' In A Competitive Market
- A Reseller's Guide: Creating A Successful Solution Provider Event
- How to Prepare for the Future of the IT Solutions Industry
- How to Consolidate Data Protection Services for Greater Customer Value
- 10 Attributes to Support Revenue Marketing and Sales Success.
- How To Improve Efficiency: Upgrade Mountain Lion and iOS6
- How To Cash In On the Cloud Through Collaboration
- How To Sell Cloud Storage In Five Steps
- How To Protect High-Value Data Assets
- Moving Data to the Cloud: Options for SMBs and Small Enterprises
- How To Apply Big Data Security Analytics to Detect Advanced Threats and Breaches